Your working environment conveys a great deal of information about the level of enthusiasm and dedication you bring to your profession. The degree to which it is organized, the kind of wall decors it has, and the level of comfort it offers to its guests constitute an image of your personality that they take away with them.
The regular cleaning and organization of your lash room has a significant role in the success of your lash career. This is because maintaining a clean and organized lash room is an essential component of giving a premium and VIP experience for your lash clients. Despite the fact that cleaning and arranging your own room ought to be an enjoyable moment, of course, it is not only fun and colors; rather, it comes with a degree of responsibility. You need to make sure that the essentials are well-provided for, and whether it’s a small apartment or a large studio, it should function as it was created for. This is true regardless of the size of the space.
Having a clean and well-organized lash room is a great way to kick off the new year. Spend some of your free time this month giving everything a thorough cleaning and going through the items you currently possess. The beginning of a new year is an excellent opportunity to initiate changes and make fresh beginnings. We will go over some essential processes in cleaning, as well as demonstrate some of our go-to tools for organization. There is nothing more satisfying than getting off to a strong start at the beginning of the year. Continue reading if you want to find out more!
One of your highest objectives should be making sure that the area where you apply eyelash extensions is tidy and well-organized. If you do not follow these instructions, it is possible that your customers will suffer from adverse effects, such as eye infections and the irreversible loss of their natural lashes (and potentially, loss of clients, too).
- 1 Why Is It Necessary For Us To Clean Our Lash Room?
- 2 How Can We Keep Our Lash Room Clean On A Daily Basis?
- 3 How Can We Keep Our Eyelash Extension Room Clean On A Weekly Basis
- 4 How Can We Keep Our Eyelash Extension Room Clean On A Monthly Basis
- 5 Why Is It Important For Us To Maintain Order And Keep Our Lash Room Organized
- 6 How To Get Your Lash Room In Order And Make Your Customers Feel Welcome And Comfortable
- 7 The Following Are Some Tips That Can Assist You In Making Your Lash Room More Customer Friendly:
- 8 A Guide to Organizing Your Eyelash Extension Cart
- 9 Conclusion
Why Is It Necessary For Us To Clean Our Lash Room?
Maintaining a clean lash extension room is of the utmost importance. Customers typically want to steer clear of lash technicians who work in untidy environments since they don’t want their lashes done by them. If you take the time to clean your space thoroughly, you may be able to spare your customers the misery of contracting an infection. It might be difficult to keep track of when everything has to be cleaned. If you want to make sure that everything is cleaned up and taken care of, follow the actions that are listed below.
How Can We Keep Our Lash Room Clean On A Daily Basis?
- Clean down tweezers and place them in the barricade.
- After use, toss out anything that isn’t a reusable item.
- Use a disinfectant wipe to thoroughly clean off all of the surfaces.
- To clean the nozzle of your adhesive, you should use an adhesive wipe. Under no circumstances should you clean your adhesive bottle with water.
- When it comes to reusable things, you should begin by washing them with soap and water, then sanitizing them with an alcohol-based product, then disinfecting them with a germicide or a barricade, and finally sterilizing them to ensure that no living organisms remain (use for just your tweezers and jade stone)
- Before you dispose of the glue dots, you should first wet them or apply a bonder to them.
- Put away all of the lash trays.
How Can We Keep Our Eyelash Extension Room Clean On A Weekly Basis
- Get rid of the rubbish.
- Clean your lash studio by sweeping or vacuuming it.
- Floors should be mopped.
- Sheets, blankets, and pillows should all be washed after each use (try using a dental bib over your lash pillow for each client)
- Restock each of your eyelash tray compartments.
How Can We Keep Our Eyelash Extension Room Clean On A Monthly Basis
- Products should be restocked.
- Clean the shelves, drawers, and doors in the entire unit.
- Purge your eyelash application room.
- Do a stocktake.
Why Is It Important For Us To Maintain Order And Keep Our Lash Room Organized
Maintaining a clean and organized lash extension room not only gives your customers the impression that your tools and supplies are kept in a tidy and hygienic environment, but it also makes it much easier to locate the lash products you need in order to accommodate a greater number of customers. The process of designing and organizing your personal area is not a simple one. Sometimes, despite your best efforts, you still wind up not feeling completely in love with the space you occupy.
How To Get Your Lash Room In Order And Make Your Customers Feel Welcome And Comfortable
In the new year, it is really necessary for you to make the effort to tidy your environment. You will have a better sense of the inventory, and you will be able to create a system that is tailored to your needs as a result. Rolling organizers, which allow you to keep all of your items within easy reach, are among our most favored storage solutions. Jars provide an adorable and hygienic means of storing products that are not reusable in their whole. Drawers made of acrylic are the ideal storage solution for false eyelashes, backup supplies, and under-eye pads. Having an adhesive stash will allow your glue to last for a longer period of time. Last but not least, tweezer storage is an adorable way to display your tweezers while also keeping them protected.
Maintain order among the lashes, and devise a plan to ensure that you won’t be short in the middle of an appointment. When something like that occurs, it is a living nightmare! If you include the opening date on the label of your glue, you will be able to anticipate when it will be time to purchase new glue. When it comes to organization, one of the most important things to do is to make sure that everything is put back where it was before. After that, your lash room will always have a beautiful appearance.
The Following Are Some Tips That Can Assist You In Making Your Lash Room More Customer Friendly:
Make An Investment In Bedding That Is Comfortable!
The only thing that could possibly be worse for a client would be if they had to lay on a hard, flat massage table for extended periods of time while attempting to remain fully still. During their lash appointment, a client should not feel awkward or stiff but rather pampered and relaxed instead of uncomfortable and stiff. We recommend that you give your customers a bolster to place under their knees so that they can sit more comfortably. Their lower back won’t have to bear as much weight thanks to the bolster. Moreover, we suggest using a lash pillow that provides support. With the introduction of our lash pillow, Bella Lash has put the comfort of our customers first and foremost. By relieving tension in the shoulders and upper back, our Lash Pillow precisely cradles the head and neck of your client. The client’s comfort can also be maintained with the addition of a blanket, which is another wonderful touch.
Optimize The Use Of The Space In Your Lash Extensions
A client will appreciate everything you do for them, whether it be a fast fill or a full set. Customers frequently arrive with the expectation that their eyelash extensions will be completed within a particular window of time. So, it is not completely unreasonable for them to have other appointments after their fill that they need to get to. What could be more satisfying than knowing that a customer has been impressed by your skills and abilities to get them out the door in a timely manner? With our Lash Caddy, you can save time and lash more successfully by having all of the essentials for applying lashes in close proximity to one another. Put your preferred tweezers, adhesives, and lashes in the respective compartments of the Lash Caddy to ensure that they are always within easy reach and to reduce the amount of time spent away from the lashing process during appointments.
Keep A Record Of Your Customers’ Information.
Our brand-new Client Cards will also contribute to the overall organization of things. When you have a new customer, you should make it a point to provide them with a personalized appearance that stands out from the rest. When a customer returns, it is much simpler to have all of the relevant information at your disposal thanks to our client cards.
Put Some Of Your Own Stamp On It (Add Your Personality)
Your beauty parlor or lash studio ought to be a representation of your own unique sense of style. Your room ought to reflect the aspects of your personality that are most important to you, be they pink and girly or futuristic and edgy. Your customers choose you for a reason, and they are going to be overjoyed when they see the adorable environment that you designed. Think of lighting a candle with a mouthwatering scent (need some help finding one?) We are big fans of this fragrance, the addition of a plush rug to the floor, and the display of photographs of lash models as artwork on the walls. Increasing the level of professionalism in your space by stocking it with additional items that can be purchased by customers and displaying them on a shelf there can be beneficial.
A Guide to Organizing Your Eyelash Extension Cart
It’s one of those ‘oddly satisfying’ moments when you finally get your lash cart all set up, right? When you have all of your professional eyelash extension supplies organized and are feeling prepared for your appointments, it is a satisfying feeling. The following is a list of some advice on how to better organize your lash cart:
- Put containers of liquid on the lowest shelf possible. The majority of lash carts are constructed with three levels, and the last thing any of us want is for there to be an accident caused spill or leak that causes the liquid to run down from the highest level.
Place items on the bottom shelf such as barricades, cave wipes, products containing acetone, lash cleaner, washing bottles, and others of a similar kind.
- The second tier or shelf is an excellent location for storing the lash trays that you use the most frequently. On this tier, you should also consider saving other things that you use frequently so that you can get to them quickly.
- The top shelf is an excellent location for arranging your goods in accordance with each appointment. You can cover the surface with a fresh towel or a disposable bib and then put the following items on top of that:
A. Tile or tray for lashes prior to appointment
B. Adhesive, Tweezers
C. Nano-Misting or Bonding Device
D. Spoolie, Primer, Jade Stone/Glue Ring
E. Handheld Fans and Brushes Made of Microfiber
As lash technicians, we are well aware that dropping our priceless tweezers is our biggest fear. We have to make sure that they are stored in an appropriate and secure manner.
Keeping your tweezers in a magnetic case is an excellent organizational choice! Because of the magnets, you may rest assured that your tweezers will never become dislodged from their holder.
Keeping Eyelash Boxes and Trays Stored Away
Raise your hand if you have a collection of false eyelashes! (Yes, ours has been posted as well!)
1. If you work off of a lash cart, the second shelf is an excellent location for stacking and organizing the numerous lash trays that you use.
2. While putting together your organizing system, it’s a good idea to classify the items according to their length, curl, diameter, or all of these attributes simultaneously.
3. Keep them in an area where you can clearly see the label, which should provide the dimensions of the length, curl, and diameter.
4. You can get a wide range of adorable boxes and trays to put your lash trays in at craft stores and even at dollar stores, and you can stack or line them up in these containers! Put your own spin on things and don’t be afraid to get practical!
Putting Away The Lash Tiles
Tiles made specifically for use as lashing are a fantastic option. Each of your lash strips is arranged in an orderly fashion, and you can get all of the lengths that you require from a single centralized location. It is imperative that we put them away properly so that the lashes do not become contaminated with trash or dust. Here are some of our pointers!
The majority of lash tiles have dimensions of 3 by 6. Because of their size (4 x 6 inches), photo boxes make excellent containers for storing tiles.
Keeping The Adhesive On Hand
There are a few different safe storage options for adhesives, depending on whether the adhesive has never been opened and is brand new, or whether it has been opened before and has been used.
1. Adhesive that has not been opened should be kept in a cosmetic refrigerator or in a setting with room temperature. We strongly advise that you keep it preserved in the original packaging with the seal intact until you are ready to use it.
#A Handy Hint Take anything that has been kept in the refrigerator out of there a couple of hours before you plan to use it and let it come to room temperature before you put it to use.
2. Once the adhesive has been opened, it should be stored in an airtight container for the best results.
#A One-Sentence Hint These vacuum-sealed containers assist in establishing a regulated environment for your adhesive, as they prevent air and moisture from getting in. When the glue has been opened, it should be stored at room temperature and away from any UV lamps.
You have already made significant progress throughout your lashing adventure. Your lash room will become like a second home for you, and it will be the place where you spend the majority of your day, so you should always make sure that it is spotless, well-organized, and stocked with everything you and your clients can possibly require. You are responsible for ensuring that comfort and convenience are provided in an adequate manner.
If you take the time to clean and organize your lash studio, the area will feel more put together and professional as a result. Spend some time developing a system that is tailored to your specific needs. In addition to the ten to fifteen minutes spent cleaning up each day, designate one day of the week just for a more in-depth cleaning. Let’s make 2023 the best year there has been so far!