When they first get started on a significant endeavor, business owners always find themselves short a little money. If you are new to the society of lash extensions, we will assist you in making the best decision between a rental lash studio and a mobile lash tech service so that you can get your lashes enhanced. It is not going to be simple for you to get a proper lashing space for both you and your company. Are you interested in becoming a lash technician? Awesome! Which model of service—renting a studio space or providing mobile services—should you select? In this article, we are going to assist you in making a decision. We will provide you with information regarding both choices so that you are better able to determine which alternative is most suitable for you and your company.
When beginning a new business, the sheer number of decisions that need to be made can quickly cause an individual to feel overwhelmed. The internet contains a wealth of information. Because there are so many different points of view regarding what does and does not work, it can be difficult to determine where to even begin.
Because of this, we decided to put together this guide in order to provide you with some fundamental facts that will assist you in making a decision on whether to rent a lash studio or become a mobile lash technician.
When determining whether or not to go mobile or rent a lash studio or space, you need to take a number of factors into consideration, and this is especially true at the beginning of the process of growing your business.
When working as a lash artist, one of the most important choices you’ll need to make is whether or not you want to be a mobile business or hire a room or space in another salon. The fact is that you actually need to have a solid understanding of the specifics of each of these work styles in order to choose which one would be the most suitable option for you. Just remember to begin in the same manner in which you intend to proceed.
Renting a place or room to perform lash extensions can be pricey, but it also grants you greater control over your company. You are free to work for as long as you like, determine your own hours, and do things “your way” in general.
However, many modern lash artists are opting to go mobile, which means that rather than providing their services in a rented facility or salon, they are providing them at the client’s place of residence or place of business. This is a good choice for a lot of different people because it doesn’t call for a large initial investment of funds (you don’t have to rent space or buy equipment), and it gives you more leeway to make your own hours and choose your own clientele.
Whether you choose to operate out of your own location or hire a mobile unit, keep in mind that you will attract customers who are interested in the kind of service you provide. For instance, if you choose to become a mobile lash artist and travel to clients all over the city, those clients will quickly develop accustomed to the ease that this position affords them. If you make the decision to switch at a later date and rent a salon, you might find that some of your clients stop patronizing your business. The same thing happens if you start off renting and then transition to mobile work; not all of your customers will feel comfortable having you in their homes, so it’s best to steer clear of that situation if you can.
Get some paper and a pen ready because we are about to go over the advantages and disadvantages of renting a lash studio or lash space as opposed to using mobile lash technology:
What Is A Mobile Lash Tech?
A mobile lash tech is a self-employed lash technician who travels to their client’s homes or any other location that is convenient for them to do their services. They come prepared to execute service with all of the essential instruments and tools. On-demand beauty professionals or house-call beauticians are two names that are occasionally used to refer to these individuals.
This may be preferable to those for whom coming to a salon might be an uncomfortable experience. When you apply your lashes at home, you won’t feel as if you need to rush through the session, which, according to some people, will allow you to feel more comfortable overall.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of Mobile LashTech
Being a mobile lash technician comes with a variety of benefits as well as drawbacks, but ultimately, your success will be determined by your personal preferences. Even while the mobile lash business is exploding, this does not necessarily indicate that it is the most suitable option for every lash artist. To successfully run a mobile business at a high level of productivity and effectiveness, a certain personality type is required. Lash artists that are able to operate in confined spaces, have the physical stamina to carry all of their equipment with them, and are capable of successfully multitasking in a variety of unanticipated circumstances are ideal candidates for this line of work.
Here is a summary of both the benefits and drawbacks of beginning your own mobile business in the event that you are still on the fence about taking the plunge into entrepreneurship.
1. Spending less money on the first setup. There is no need to purchase expensive furniture or decoration.
2. Mobile lash technicians are able to travel to their client’s homes or other locations to provide the services that they offer.
3. You will not be responsible for paying rent for a slot. Bring down the overhead (rent, electricity)
4. You are not constrained by issues related to space because you are able to bring all of your equipment with you wherever you go.
5. You are free to rearrange your timetable so that it best accommodates the needs of your customers.
6. In the event that you require it, you are able to move fast from one location to another.
1. It is possible that you will have to travel when the weather is bad.
2. You can end up wasting time if you have to drive to multiple locations. You also need to think about the costs of parking and getting through traffic. Or additional time lost due to commuting (unless you live in a big city where everything is around you).
3. It is possible that it will be more challenging to create a clientele due to the fact that consumers search for lash artists based on location rather than the services supplied.
4. Working from home can be a lot of fun, but some customers might not feel at ease coming to your house for a service like getting their eyelash extensions done. This can be something that hurts your company in the long run.
5. Some customers prefer to go to a salon rather than get their lashes done at home because they don’t enjoy the mess that can be left behind or the scent of the chemicals that are used. However, the majority of these problems can be mitigated by ensuring adequate ventilation and utilizing cleaning supplies that do not leave any unpleasant odors behind.
What To Look for in a Lash Studio?
If you are a mobile lash technician who is considering launching a lash studio, one option you may want to consider is hiring a lash room. Because of this, you will be able to launch your company with a small initial cost and expand it at your own speed.
When looking for a space to rent for your lash business, there are a lot of different things you need to take into consideration. Consider your answers to the following list of questions:
Where exactly is it going to be located? Will it be easy for me to get there from the major highways and other sites that are located close by? Is it simple or challenging to get a parking spot in the area where we are going? What is the rating for the area’s walkability? The score for walkability is quite important. The higher it is, the better. The degree to which a location is conducive to walking is referred to as its walkability. In general, communities that are walkable have a higher volume of foot traffic, which is beneficial for companies. This is especially true if your establishment is situated in a shopping center or plaza with other businesses that are complementary to your own.
Your customers won’t have to travel very far after their appointments if they decide they want to grab lunch or shop around because your business is conveniently located near shops, restaurants, parks, and other such places. This makes it easy for them.
It is crucial to have a decent location. You want to ensure that your customers can easily locate you so that they do not become disoriented and miss their appointment. If you pick the right location, you can be certain that your number of customers will grow in a relatively short amount of time. Because of the importance of advertising, proximity to other businesses is also quite important.
Your marketing efforts will be aided, and more people will be aware that you offer lash services if you are located in the same building as a facial salon or a spa. You can also advertise your company by placing flyers or signs on all of the doors and windows in the building where you rent space in. For the sake of your customer’s comfort, you should check to see that the area has sufficient seats, adequate lighting, heating/air conditioning, and ventilation.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Renting A Lash Room
Even though it has always been a sizable and varied sector, the beauty industry appears to be expanding at a rate that is comparable to the speed of light. Finding a place for your business in a market that seems to have beauty shops and spas opening up at every turn is vital.
There are various benefits as well as drawbacks associated with renting a lash studio. Before settling on one option, it is important to thoughtfully consider all of the available options. Before negotiating a lease for an extended period of time, here are some things to think about if renting a spare room is something you’re interested in doing:
1. There is no requirement for you to make an investment in the remodeling or building of space.
2. You don’t have to pay for the entire lease in advance if you choose to pay the rent on a monthly basis instead.
3. You won’t have to shell out a lot of money to get your foot in the door of the lash company if you start small.
4. You have your very own room, and it is entirely up to you how you would like it to look. Either with your own money or with the assistance of your lash room, you can accomplish your goal. Make it YOUR place and make it feel like HOME. We have a wonderful resource that will teach you how to decorate and style your own room without breaking the bank!
5. You are not restricted to merely being able to have your own room at your house. If you want, you can rent a place that is located outside of the house. You can promote your business on the website of the studio that you are renting space from, which will likely be one that brings in new clients for the studio itself.
6. There is no need to go anywhere at all.
7. You can make use of the salon’s already established marketing methods (if they have any), in addition to the references offered by the front desk staff. In addition to this, you will be exposed to more people than you would be if you had your own place.
1. If you don’t have enough customers to continuously fill up your room, it will end up costing you more money in the long term than if you were just mobile. However, this can only be the case if you choose to do it.
2. When you have a stationary location, it requires a lot more marketing effort to obtain customers than when you have a mobile business since you have to convince customers to come to you rather than simply meet them wherever they choose. Because of this, I suggest beginning your lash business as a mobile one before moving on to hiring a lash room (if that is what you intend to do) so that when you do get a lash room, you will already have a devoted customer that will follow you everywhere you go!
3. There is nothing as guaranteed employment! If you are renting in a salon setup, and the salon goes out of business or decides to let its lash artists go, you will need to find another location to rent at. And it’s not always easy to find a rental unit that’s available to move into!
Should You Rent A Lash Room Or Be A Mobile Lash Tech
As a lash artist, you have access to an incredible variety of diverse alternatives. It all comes down to determining what is best for you in the long run. Whether you choose to operate out of a mobile unit or a fixed location, you can always offer your customers the very best lash aftercare products (and thereby bring in some more revenue)!
The cost of renting a lash studio is typically considered, but if you intend to expand your lash extension business, the expense may be well worth it. When you rent a lash studio, in addition to paying for the site and the furnishings, you will also need to pay for advertising so that people will know who you are. When you have your own studio, however, you have an edge over other lash technicians who do not work from a studio since customers will feel that they are dealing with a more professional environment when they come to you for lash extensions.
It may take some time to establish a clientele and a level of trust with them, but mobile lash technicians typically charge less than those who hire a lash studio. Being a mobile lash technician presents a number of problems, some of which include having less space to apply the lash extensions and fewer supplies on hand.
When deciding between working as a mobile lash technician and renting a lash studio, our advice is to pick the option that is more cost-effective for your business and the one that appears more likely to assist you in developing your company in the way that it should.